Home Forums Discussion Forum UNSAFE MOTORIST ALERT

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  just jon 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

just jon

Hey guys, be on the lookout for this unsafe motorist! Newer model white Silverado, tag number 018-JBM. As i was riding down Mandarin Rd. (2 lanes, no shoulder and well marked with sharrows) today i came to a section where the lanes split, creating a brief median, maybe 200 feet long. Since the paved roadway is only about 10 feet wide, i took the center of the lane. The driver in question moved to the left, driving with two wheels in the median. As he nearly ran into a tree, he moved back to the right, forcing me almost off the pavement. I quickly memorized his tag and reported the incident to JSO. Im not expecting the police to do much about it and if they talk to him/her, he doubt he/she will care, but maybe if this is circulated widely enough, then social media shame will have some effect.

On that note, id like to say that if you encounter an angry, hostile, or flagrantly unsafe motorist, TRY to get the tag number! Just because society treats cyclists as second class citizens does not mean that we are! You arent powerless against these menaces, you CAN make a report and together we CAN improve the state of affairs for the cycling community!

Ride safe, ride smart, and enjoy the ride

-jon

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: UNSAFE MOTORIST ALERT
Your information: